Apostles and Earrings
I wonder if this belonged to one of the apostles? Simon the Zealot strikes me as the kind of guy who would wear an earring. I recall the time, when I was graduating from seminary, I received an invitation to start a new congregation in a college town. In the letter, they outlined the vision, the demographics of the community, and their expectations for the pastor. The letter ended with a p.s. -- "and of course, your wife will not be permitted to wear earrings." They forgot say anything about ME wearing earrings. For a while, I was tempted to go ahead, take the position, and get my ear pierced.
Oh, yes!! How true. And if it's good writing, it will allow you and others to savor the captured thought over and over.
ReplyDeleteLike I said in one of my bios, my writing is just a deeper journey into the ordinary, and a way to revisit it!
Yes, writing lets you relive the moments.
ReplyDeleteBut, hopefully, what you write will also be a source of inspiration to many readers, regardless of the subject.