A Four Hour Chapel Service

My son, Adam, reported that Bethany Bible College had a four hour chapel service yesterday.

It began as a normal hour long chapel -- but as it was ending, a student stood and shared a prayer concern. This was followed by others sharing, and soon they entered into a beautiful season of prayer -- which included intercession, confession, testimonies, singing, and praise.
The outpouring continued into the afternoon, when the students finally went to classes.

My prayer is twofold:

1. That this is just a foretaste of revival for the students of Bethany Bible College.
2. That something like this will happen at our church. It will mess up our schedule, as the 8:20 crowd has to be out in time for the 9:40's to come in -- but I'd give anything to have our schedule disrupted for something like that.

Disrupt us, o Lord!

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:22 AM

    Yes, this will happen at our church one day, Pastor Mark. What a wonderful thing that will be, to be disrupted in such a way! There have been some Sunday mornings when God's presence has been so thick, that all I could do was just breathe Him in! God bless you for being our pastor.
    "Diggin' deep" in Hayward, Sue B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I would have been there for that service. Myself being a student at Bethany Bible College for four years I've attended many amazing services, but none that have gone that long. I love the heart at that college and the passion the students have for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I went to Bethany in the late 80's and remember a chapel service that went on for 5 or 6 hours!
    This is great News For Sure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession