Headed Home


Last night, I preached at our fledgling satellite campus in Minong. Some kids from our youth group led the music, and I preached. 45 people showed up -- including two new families.

My sermon was entitled "Headed Home" I wove two Wild Man & Pig Scriptures as the foundation for the message --

1. The wild man delivered by demons and Jesus said, "Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you." (Mark 5:19)

2. The Prodigal Son, when he came to his senses: "I will set out and go back to my father. . ." (Luke 15:18)

I drew a few thoughts from Spurgeon's message on Mark 5, which he preached shortly before Christmas in 1857. Amazing, that 150 years later, a little bit of Spurgeon is preaching to the loggers in Minong, Wisconsin!

My questions to the congregation:

Where are you right now? Are you home? Is your heart at peace? Is your mind at rest? Is your heart right with God? Are things "right" at your home?

There was a good response.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies