Added to the Number Daily


As I was gathing information for the "end of the year" reports, I was amazed to discover that through our church ministries, we have record of 192 people who received Christ as their Savior over the past twelve months -- and another 147 recommitments! That's 339 people!

Last summer, at our picnic, we baptized 65 people -- which, I believe is the most people ever baptized at one time in the history of the northwoods. (We also dunked another eight a few weeks.)

We started a baby church 20 miles away, supported 24 missionaries around the world, and sent 104 people on short term mission trips.

God is so amazing -- and His grace reaches far enough. . . even to the end of the world! (Hayward is not quite the end of the world, but you can see if from here!)

This is absolutely mind boggling for me -- and I am so thankful to be a part of such a thriving and vibrant congregation.

I am reminded of Acts 2:47: "And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved."

By the way, Spurgeon preached a great sermon on this text, which is fitting for us in 2006!

My prayer is that the upcoming year will be better yet!

Please Lord, use us to make a difference for eternity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies