Battling Mosquitoes


I sat in the woods one day, with pen in hand, and open journal, pondering deep spiritual matters, and hoping for a burst of inspiration.

Instead, I got a mosquito.

The pesky little critter buzzed in my ears and bit me!

Frustrated, I sputtered, swatted and swang, but the illusive insect must have taken flying lessons from the Red Baron. He dodged me every time.

Arrrgh!!

My tranquility evaporated. How could I possibly contemplate life's deepest meanings, when bombarded by such nuisance?

About seven bites later, I finally triumphed. The weary warrior paused for a moment to catch his breath and rest his wings. Giant fighting is hard work, you know.

The unfortunate bug came in for a landing right on my open journal.

THWACKK!!

I slammed the pages together -- and the pesky mosquito was dispatched. I'm sure his relatives would be glad to know he didn't suffer. The little fellow didn't even know what hit him.

He started in my ears and ended in my journal!

Curious, I opened the notebook again, and found the bug squashed like a pancake and surrounded by a Type O positive red splotch.

I circled the carnage with my pen , and scrawled these words underneath:

"Contemplation is difficult when you're battling mosquitoes."

Comments

  1. Great thoughts!!! on May 26th, I am taking out youth group out to Lapham Peak State park for a DAWG: Day Alone With God...any good guides for one of these? I have created one and will be posting it soon on my blog...but wondering if you had any good leads?

    Great post....but try off...I know you live in the North, and I live in the City, but you don't have to be that tough!!=) Love ya brother!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Apostles and Earrings