The Boundary Line


There is a line by us unseen that crosses every path,
the hidden boundary between God's patience and his wrath.
-- William Shakespeare

An atheist, wanting to prove to her kids that there is no God, stood outside in a thunderstorm, shaking her fist to heaven and shouted:

"GOD, IF YOU'RE UP THERE, STRIKE ME WITH LIGHTENING RIGHT NOW!!"

Nothing happened.

She walked into the house, soaking wet, and demanded, "There! What does that prove?"

To this, her daughter replied, "It proves how patient God is."

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:51 AM

    I am so thankful that God is a patient and loving God, who shows use Grace and Mercy. He watches me struggle to do things on my own and when I realize that I'm not getting anywhere and I turn to Him, He is always there for me. What a great comfort to know that He never gives up on us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Apostles and Earrings