I'm not really a party animal. In fact, usually, if I'm invited to a party of some sort or another, I try to find a good reason to graciously decline the invitation. It's not that I don't enjoy people, mind you. In general, they're fantastic. Like Will Rogers said, "I've never met a man I didn't like." I am thankful for all my good friends. Yep, I like people a lot -- but I dislike going to parties. (Although, if I get stuck and actually end up attending one, it usually turns out better than I imagined. In the car, on the way home, I've heard Cathy say more than once, "There now, that wasn't so bad, was it?" I reply with a mumble and grunt, because I know she's right. Still -- I'm not an eager party-goer, and seriously doubt if I will ever become one. Do you know what kind of party is the most common? Birthday? Graduation? Aniversary? You'll never guess! The party held most frequently is. . . The Pity Party! As a minis...
That is such great news! Hopefully this episode is behind y'all.
ReplyDeleteBTW, thanks for sharing this blog with us in class. This is one of the places I visit most every day now. A lot of encouraging, uplifting, funny, and interesting stuff. Thanks for all you do!
Jerry Johnson
I also visit your site often,and find it especially uplifting. We are beginning a huge building project at First Wes in Battle Creek, Michigan. Wow, what an undertaking, I am wondering about the amount of change that will have to occur in the way we do leadership in light of the dynamics that will develop in this mega-church. I think I will have to revisit the descriptions of various size churches(patriarchial congregation vs. programs driven church, etc) does this sound familiar? We will need to be even more diligent to prevent people from falling through the "cracks", won't we? Barbara Burrill
ReplyDeleteSam and I can really identify with your statement, "It has been a long autumn."
ReplyDeleteWe have endured a really long year after my car accident. Lacking a church family made it more difficult.
But, this experience has been a wonderful blessing to us in so many ways. I am alive and walking. We have the most wonderful family.
We hope Cathy continues to heal.