What They Sing in Heaven


"...The melodies of praise filled the atmosphere. The nonstop intensity and endless variety overwhelmed me. The praise was unending, but the most remarkable thing to me was that hundreds of songs were being sung at the same time--all of them worshiping God....Praise was everywhere, and all of it was musical, yet comprised of melodies and tones I'd never experienced before....Many of the old hymns and choruses I had sung at various times in my life were part of the music--along with hundreds of songs I had never heard before. Hymns of praise, modern-sounding choruses, and ancient chants filled my ears and brought not only a deep peace but the greatest feeling of joy I'd ever experienced...."

-- Don Piper, 90 Minutes in Heaven

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:27 AM

    Mark, Isn't that a wonderful book?
    I so enjoyed it, and to think that he was allowed to go through all of that, in order to continue to "spread the Good News"!! What a beautiful concept of heaven, so much for us to look forward to.... Shirley Kirby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:48 PM

    shucks. I thought they just sang bluegrass and Gaither songs.
    Willie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:04 PM

    For you Willie, perhaps you will just hear bluegrass and Gaither.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies