A Rotten Day at 9:00 a.m.

A while back, while traveling out of town, I talked with a grumpy sales clerk. "How are you today?" I asked. "Terrible!" she replied, "This is a rotten day. It started out bad and has been going downhill ever since."I noticed that it was only 9:00 a.m. and said, "I think it's a little early to say the whole day is going to be bad. I'll bet the worst is over and that things will start getting better from here!"The guy behind me in line chimed in, "It'll probably get better for a little bit - but then it's gonna get worse! That's the way life is. It always gets worse."

Yikes! Only 9:00 in the morning, and I was stuck with a pessimist in front of me, and another doom and gloomer behind me. Surrounded by negativity!
My feeble attempt to spread some cheery optimism went over like a lead balloon, but I didn't let it hold me back. Exiting the store, I smiled and said, "Well, I hope the rest of the day goes better than you think!" They rolled their eyes and shook their heads. I gave them a big thumbs up.Driving away, I felt bad for those poor folks. Somewhere along the line, they had missed an important lesson. Nobody had taught them that every one of us has the power to choose what kind of day we're going to have.

Indeed, our attitude, more than anything else, determines the outcome.

Now, certainly, there are problems and difficulties that invade our lives. Sometimes, we are hammered by difficult circumstances beyond our control. Life has an uncanny way of throwing curve balls at us.

Still, hard times are much easier to bear when you maintain a positive attitude. "As you think, so you are -- and so shall be your days."

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:36 AM

    This is the start of a beautiful day.

    I am truely blessed!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies