Apostles and Earrings
I wonder if this belonged to one of the apostles? Simon the Zealot strikes me as the kind of guy who would wear an earring. I recall the time, when I was graduating from seminary, I received an invitation to start a new congregation in a college town. In the letter, they outlined the vision, the demographics of the community, and their expectations for the pastor. The letter ended with a p.s. -- "and of course, your wife will not be permitted to wear earrings." They forgot say anything about ME wearing earrings. For a while, I was tempted to go ahead, take the position, and get my ear pierced.

By simply asking that question, isn't one being pessimistic about the presence of optimism?
ReplyDeleteJust askin' - - -
I agree with Keetha, isn't Cal being pessimistic about the presence of optimism? He says,
ReplyDelete"One doesn't hear much of it from politicians and especially not from the media, which trades exclusively in gloom and doom." I am an avid reader and listener to news. I hear optimism each and every day.
All I have to do to hear pessimism is go to my local church. This should be where optimism starts!
ReplyDeletePhil
OPTIMISM-HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
ReplyDeleteI think the key to being optimistic is looking for the positives in each and every situation. Regardless of what is going on in the world around us the Bible tells that three things will remain - faith, hope and love (1 Corinthians 13). These three things are pretty optimistic things to hold on to I think.
ReplyDelete