Apostles and Earrings
I wonder if this belonged to one of the apostles? Simon the Zealot strikes me as the kind of guy who would wear an earring. I recall the time, when I was graduating from seminary, I received an invitation to start a new congregation in a college town. In the letter, they outlined the vision, the demographics of the community, and their expectations for the pastor. The letter ended with a p.s. -- "and of course, your wife will not be permitted to wear earrings." They forgot say anything about ME wearing earrings. For a while, I was tempted to go ahead, take the position, and get my ear pierced.

The irony is that we are way south of Hayward and could host the Winter Olympics this year. We have lots of snow to give away.
ReplyDeleteMaybe they should hold them in Washington DC - - - they could do all kinds of extreme snow sports right off the dome of the capitol!!!!! Hehehehehehe
ReplyDeleteBTW, we are having a Bibleympics at our school week after next - - - set up just like the Olympics with classes competing with each other for medals - - - and ALL the events are Bible based. I'll let you know how it goes - - -