Apostles and Earrings
I wonder if this belonged to one of the apostles? Simon the Zealot strikes me as the kind of guy who would wear an earring. I recall the time, when I was graduating from seminary, I received an invitation to start a new congregation in a college town. In the letter, they outlined the vision, the demographics of the community, and their expectations for the pastor. The letter ended with a p.s. -- "and of course, your wife will not be permitted to wear earrings." They forgot say anything about ME wearing earrings. For a while, I was tempted to go ahead, take the position, and get my ear pierced.
Gentle shepherd, Come and lead us, For we need you to help us find our way, Gentle shepherd, come and feed us, For we need your strength from day to day ♥
ReplyDeleteThere's no other, We can turn to, Who can help us face another day
♫ composed by William Gaither