A Prayer to Prepare for Worship

Good and loving Father, as the deer pants for water, so my soul thirsts for you.  Today, when I worship together with brothers and sisters, please quench our thirst from your spring of living water. 

Open my heart that I may receive your grace.
Open my eyes that I may glimpse your heavenly vision.
Open my ears that I may hear your marching orders.
Grant me courage to follow them.

Help me to encourage and bless others.
Help me to be humble and gracious. 
Help me to be charitable and not critical.
Renew a right spirit within me.

Use this worship service to grow me in Christlikeness.
Use me, in this sacred hour, in your service for others.
Increase my faith.
Increase my love.

Amen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Apostles and Earrings