A Daily Dose of Peace

The following is taped in the inside cover of my Bible, and I have found it to be quite helpful throughout my life.    Particularly in times of stress, trouble, and hardship, the following daily verses are like inspiration pills for the soul.

  Monday -- Peace, I give unto you. . . let not your heart be troubled. (John 14:27)

  Tuesday -- You will keep me in perfect peace, when my mind is fixed on you. (Isaiah 26:3)

  Wednesday --  Rest in the Lord, wait patiently for him, and do not fret.  
(Psalm 37:7)

  Thursday --  My presence will go with you and I will give you rest.  (Exodus 33:14)

  Friday --  Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  (Matthew 11:28)

  Saturday --  Let the peace of God rule in your heart, since you were called to peace. . . and be thankful.  (Colossians 3:15)

  Sunday -- He makes me lie down in green pastures.  He leads me beside still waters.  He restores my soul.  (Psalm 23:2-3)

  Also -- the F.A.C.T.S. of Prayer

  F -- Faith:  "If you believe, you will receive what you ask in prayer."  
  (Matthew 21:22)

  A -- Adoration:  "O magnify the Lord with me and let us exalt His name together."  (Psalm 34:3)

  C -- Confession:  "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and will forgive our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."  (1 John 1:9)

  T -- Thanksgiving:  "In everything give thanks, for this is God's will concerning you."  (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

  S -- Supplication  (This means praying for other people as well as your personal needs)  "Pray without ceasing."     (1 Thessalonians 5:17)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession