Five Gratitudes from a Thanksgiving Hymn

Reflecting on the old Thanksgiving hymn, For the Beauty of the Earth , I am truly grateful. . . 

1) For the Beauty of the Earth
Those of us living near the beautiful South Carolina mountains have a front row seat to the grandeur of God's creation.  

2) For the Wonder of Each Hour
Our days, hours and moments are precious.  I am grateful for each one.

3) For Thy Church 
In worship (holy hands above) and service (pure sacrifice of love). . . I am grateful for my brothers and sisters in Christ.

4) For the Joy of Human Love 
 Brother, sister, parent, child -- I am thankful for each member of my beautiful family.

5) For Thyself – Best Gift Divine.
 God has been my source of strength and comfort. I find that fellowship with Him is sweeter as the years go by. In my daily quiet time, He gives me the spiritual motivation and strength to face whatever comes throughout the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Apostles and Earrings