The Small Town Chuch

From time to time, I run into a pastor who feels isolated in a small community. The complaint runs along these lines: "If I was in a bigger place I'd have a better ministry."

Ah, but is a bigger place a better place?

Being in a small community myself, I've pondered this question and here's my conclusion:

God specializes in small communities! Don't believe me? Look at the Bible!

Bethlehem was a small place -- and it was selected to welcome the King of Kings.

Nazareth was a small place -- and this is the very place the Father selected for the growth, nurture and shaping of Jesus during his childhood.

Capernaum was a small place -- and it served as headquarters for Jesus' ministry.

Are you in a small place? Be glad and praise the Lord! He has chosen you to share in his own heritage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Apostles and Earrings