Twinkies

If we're stuffed with worldly Twinkies, we won't be hungry for the spiritual steak dinner God has prepared for you.

Our minds are hungry and must be fed. The decision of what to feed them, however, is up to us.

If our diet consists of such junk food as television shows, video games, inane conversations, shallow reading, and computer chatter -- we will end up with flabby minds and lean souls.

I've been reading White Robes and Spiritual Feasts, by G.D. Watson. He's a bit narrow -- but believe me, it's not "twinkie food" !

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Mat. 5:6

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:58 AM

    Mark, a good word. Far too many times, I think in my own life I settle for twinkies instead of meat. Lately, however, there has been a great longing in my soul for more meat. Thanks for the thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies