A Great Funeral Poem For a Rainy Day

I am conducting a funeral today -- and the dark, gloomy skies seem fitting for such an occasion. Yet, on the other side of the clouds, the sun is shining.

I've found a great poem I am going to share. I wish I could discover who wote it.



In my heart tonight I have a deep and settle peace.
The love of God, the Father, has made all tumult cease.
I fear no trial tomorrow, nor seek to understand.
For I know who holds tomorrow in the hollow of his hand.

When clouds obscure my vision, and there's tempest in the sky,
I can feel the Holy Spirit in the shadows, standing by.
What life holds tomorrow may not be as I have planned.
But, I know who holds tomorrow in the hollow of His hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies