Purpose Driven Pastor


The Reformed Pastor by Richard Baxter is one of my favorite texts.

Baxter pastored 19 years in Kidderminster, before he was forced from the pulpit by the Act of Uniformity.

During his tenure at Kidderminster, he gave himself to the cure of souls.

He said to his congregation, "I was sent into the world especially for the service of your souls."

"In a word, when I came thither first, there was about one family in a street that worshipped God and called on his holy name; and when I came away, there were some streets where there was not more than one family in the side of a street that did not so."

Oh, how I long for this to be true in Hayward!

Ihat's what I call a purpose driven pastor!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Apostles and Earrings