Small Town Business


Tony Engle, a student in my Church Leadership Class (FLAME), shared a good small town story with me yesterday:

As I was recently traveling home from South Carolina, a headlight went out on my truck. It was about 7:30 at night and it was dark. This is not a good idea for traveling through the mountains and around tight turns in the deep woods. I pulled into a small town auto store that was in the middle of nowhere. The store closed a half hour ago. There was a man inside actually leaving with the bank bag in hand as I ran to the door. I explained my situation and he sold me a headlight. The main point is this… As I apologized for messing the books up and for keeping him there even later than he wanted he said, “I need the sale anyway.” I replied, “business that bad?” “Nope. This is how a small town business operates.”
I think that the church needs to pay attention and learn from the small business owners of this country. They genuinely care to help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies