The Night the Preacher Danced

Last Friday evening, I took my nine year old daughter, Hannah, to the Father-Daughter Ball at the Greysolon Grand Ballroom, in Duluth, Minnesota.

We dressed up to the hilt. She had her hair done special, and I bought her a tiara and a corsage.

My little princess and I had a splendid time together! After a delicious banquet, we danced the night away!

We did the "Chicken Dance", "The Hokie Pokie", "YMCA","The Limbo" and three wonderful hours worth of other numbers!

At the end of the night, my feet were really sore, and Hannah beamed from ear to ear. It was one of the best experiences we've ever had together.

Now, there's a rule somewhere that Wesleyan ministers aren't supposed to shake their legs like that -- but on Friday night, I followed a higher law, and am a better daddy for it.

When we walked into the crowded ballroom, I saw another Wesleyan pastor and his little girl.

So, if I'm ever called before the Sanhedrin on this, at least I'll have good company, and maybe we'll give them a demonstration of the Chicken Dance.

Comments

  1. Anonymous4:39 PM

    As station manager of Life 97.3, the co-sponsor of the Annual Father-Daughter Ball in Duluth with Christ Lutheran Church-Duluth, and father to Becky (19) and Rachel (16) I'd be in big trouble if I didn't go each year. My daughters insist each January that we go. I love it! We have been enjoying this event for 10 years and it is a highlight for us. Due to the popularity of the event, we added a 4th night and saw over 1300 dads and daughters like pastor Mark have an awesome time with their little sweethearts. We are proud to be part of something so wholesome and life changing. Our thanks to the Christ Lutheran Church women (who do all the work), DJs Shelly Bergen and Eric King, the Greysolon Ballroom staff, and Trudy and the KDNW staff team who work hard each year to bring off this quality outreach.
    Paul Harkness-KDNW-FM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession