Divine Appointment

In just a half hour, I am going to conduct a big wedding -- but I wanted to take a quick moment and post something really cool that happened a little while ago.

I arrived at the church this afternoon, and saw a Native American lady out front. She came up to me and asked, "Are you the Father?"

I sort of nodded -- and she went on, "I was just released from the hospital, and I don't have a way back home. I walked here to the church, because I know some people who attend here -- and I even came once to a small group."

Now, it really went against my policy of taking females (besides Cathy, Hannah, and Mom) in cars anywhere -- but I sensed the Holy Spirit telling me to do it.

So, I borrowed a church van, and drove her to her home on the rez.

As we were travelling, she began to share the many burdens and barriers she is facing in her life. I told her that that sounds like my sermon tomorrow -- "The Walls of Jericho -- and how they came tumbling down."

"Jericho? Walls tumbling down? I've never heard that story." she responded.

So, I told her the story -- and she was amazed by it.

"I've not had much use for Christianity -- but I am into the Midewin Religion of my anscestors," she said, "but I like your story, and I like the people I've met from your church."

Then, we arrived at her destination -- and I asked if I could pray for her. She agreed, and I prayed that God would bless and help her with all her troubles.

There were tears in her eyes as she climbed out of the vehicle, and her parting word was, "I think I'll come to your church sometime."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession