Goose Eggs

After hearing that 43% of Methodist Churches did not receive one new member by confession of faith, (see my last post), I thought I'd check on my own denomination.

I obtained some statistics from the Office of the General Secretary, and crunched the numbers.

Guess what percentage of Wesleyan Churches did not have one new member (either covenant or community) last year by profession of faith??

43%!!

We Wesleyans like to say we're more evangelical and mission minded than our Mainline Methodist Mother ship -- but the fact is -- we aren't faring any better!!

I think the Wesleyans AND the Methodists had both better start praying for revival.

Comments

  1. nothin wron with prayin, and it is where we start, but i have not seen many of my prayin brothers witness all that much. maybee we need a whole lot mor of both. many of our churches and pastors fail to present a strategy or plan of any kind that the people can use. you are right we cannot claim the higher ground in these areas although we often try. richard lauby

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies