Reading

It's my goal to finish a book a week. I seldom start and finish a book in the same week -- and I'm usually starting four for every one I finish.

Thus, there are a dozen books cooking on my stove at the same time.

Reading, for me, is essential for effective preaching and ministry. First -- reading the Bible -- and then the other stuff. I rarely watch televison (except the Packers and a few minutes of O'Reilly), and I carve out time to read in the morning as a part of my quiet time (devotional literature) , before bed (biographies, fun stuff, whatever), whenever I'm waiting (I always carry a couple of books with me -- and read whenever I have to wait. Keith Drury taught me this a long time ago.) and the "in betweens" It's amazing how much reading can fit in between the cracks.

You can see what I've finished recently at my Reading List Blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession