Without Reservation

Yesterday morning, I made my way to the Minneapolis Airport in a blinding winter storm.

Upon arrival, I went to the Northwest agent, and gave her my name and destination. She punched around on her computer -- and then, with a puzzled expression, looked up at me.

"You're not in here!" she exclaimed, "We don't have any reservation for you!"

I handed her a page I had printed from the web, which listed my flight, the cost, and departure times. She peered at it for a moment and said, "Oh, you didn't complete your purchase!"

Somehow, I had failed to punch the "buy ticket now" button -- and was thus, stuck in the winter snow without a reservation.

She offered me a ticket for a mere $1200 -- but I declined, and drove back to my snowbound home instead of flying out to the sunny southwest.

As I drove home in the wild, wooly winter weather, I could not help but wonder how many people in our community assume they've made their reservation for heaven -- but haven't closed the deal.

"Yet, to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, he gave the right to become children of God." --John 1:12

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." -- Matthew 7:21

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:14 PM

    Yes, and just like the $1200 ticket, the cost seems too high once it comes time to make a decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good thoughts.

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies