Adrenaline Letdown Day

Dr. Arch Hart calls Mondays "Adrenaline Letdown Day" for preachers.

He has a valid point, I believe -- at least that's my excuse. "Don't blame me if I act like a snapping turtle. It's just adrenaline letdown day."

We've had quite a week:

Easter Musicals Thursday and Friday night.
Saturday, I preached our first Easter Service at our new site in Minong (51 attended.)
Yesterday, 1124 people attended our four Easter Worship Services (7, 8:20, 9:40 and the Musical at 11.)

That's pretty amazing, considering that the population of Hayward is 2100.

88 people registered a commitment to Christ (11 first time, 77 recommitments.)

Thus, we had a fruitful Easter -- and now it's Adrenaline Letdown Day -- sort of.

This morning, we are holding the memorial services for Dale Hubbell, a pillar of our church and community. I expect that it will be the largest funeral for an older person we've ever had.

So, I need another boost of energy.

As thy days, so shall thy strength be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies