Indiana Wesleyan University


Today, my son Ryan and I are visiting my alma mater -- Indiana Wesleyan University.

What an amazing place! I have not been back in over 20 years, and feel much like Rip Van Winkle. Everything's changed.

Williams Hall is gone. So is the campus house I shared with a half dozen other guys.

In their place stand bigger and better things.

Great growth equals great change. If we're not willing to endure the change, we won't experience the growth.

I'm glad IWU chose the growth option.

-----

Still -- it was nice to see some familiar old sites: the cottage Cathy and I rented from Keith Drury, the second floor window at Shatford Hall, where I proposed to Cathy, and Eastview Church, where I served as a youth pastor in my student days.

Change is good -- but it's nice to have it blended with the familiar.

Comments

  1. Mark,
    Danielle lived on all three floors in Shatford her four years at IWU...and it was in Shatford where I spent much of my time waiting for her to get ready for our dates. Shatford was good to both of us!!!

    Praise the Lord for Christian schools that produce good Christian ladies for guys like us to marry. Cheers to IWU!

    I am currently in the Masters Program with IWU and I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:29 PM

    A Google Search of "Williams Hall Indiana Wesleyan" brought up your blog.

    I lived in Bill Hall for three years (the last three that it stood). Glad to find a Bill Hall brother.

    I'm on campus now for Homecoming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession