A Norwegian Passover


Last evening, our small group held a Passover Seder meal together -- at least the closest thing to it in Hayward.

Jeff and Roberta brought the paschal lamb.
Dennis and Mary Pat brought the charoset.
Charlie and Julie brought the sparkling grape juice and boiled eggs.

Cathy and I brought the horseradish, and the Norwegian Crispbread (cleverly disguised as Matzah.)

Nobody sells Matzah in Hayward, so we have to "make do."

A couple of minutes before the meal, I was horrified to read the "ingredients" on the Crispbread wrapping. Hidden away, in fine print, was the evil word: "yeast"!

Now, what was I to do?

We called it Norwegian Matzah and served it anyway!

I guess you can call me a pragmatist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies