A Big Flop?

Last Saturday night, at our new satellite campus in Minong, I led the music.

Pastor Loretta delivered the sermon, and was going to have help from the Youth Group Praise Team. Saturday was the Prom, however, and thus, hardly any of the young people were available -- I ended up volunteering to take their place.

A few days before the service, I visited our Minong small group, and told them: "This week is really going to be different. Loretta is going to preach, and I am going to lead the music."

Lori's reponse was really funny. She meant to say, "That will be a flip-flop!"

Instead, it came out this way:

"That will be a BIG FLOP!"

It's gonna take her a long time to live that one down!

Actually, everything went really well. The Minong service was really inspiring, and a tremendous help to the 40-some people who attended.

Reminds me of the Ethel Waters' quote: "God don't sponsor no flops!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies