Pronouncing Difficult Bible Words

Although I have my Bachelors from Indiana Wesleyan, and my Masters from Fuller Seminary, I still struggle with pronouncing certain names in the Bible.

At first, when I came to a name I couldn't pronounce, I just said, "Moses", and went on. They caught on after a while!

Then, I just made up a pronunciation. Most of the folks in the congregation didn't know any different, but somehow, that seemed like cheating.

But now, I have found the lifesaver: An Online Bible Pronunciation Guide!

Now I can say "Micaiah" with an air of authority and no sweat!

Yippee!!

Comments

  1. Mark, very cool. Our family has been reading the Bible together this year and we're right on target, but I has been rough getting through some of those Old Testament passages, especially at 6:30 AM. I have bookmarked it on computer and I'll probably link it to my blog as well. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:21 AM

    Great idea! Why didn't I think of that?I'm getting kinda tired of saying "big word" This will be a tremendous help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession