Humbuggery


God has put Tom Correll into my life to mentor me in my spiritual walk. His primary concern for me is that my soul garden is well watered and nourished.

Tom recently retired to Hayward after serving as the Dean of Spiritual Formation at Bethel Seminary. From our many conversations, I'm convinced that he's more Wesleyan than the Wesleyans.

I meet with Tom every two or three weeks -- along with Art, who is a local Episcopal priest.

One time I told Tom I was preparing to fly to North Carolina teach a FLAME course in Church Leadership. At this, with a gleeful twinkle in his eye, he grabbed a book off his shelf and tossed it to me.

"Here's some good reading for you while you're on the plane!"

The book was Humbuggery and Manipulation: The Art of Leadership.

I did read it -- and it messed up a quarter of my lecture notes!

I think I was humbuggered!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession