Baptism and Church with the Cows

This afternoon, we held our church picnic, and baptized 37 people in Little Round Lake.

We heard some amazing "faith stories" that brought tears to my eyes. I love baptism Sunday!
We dunked people of all ages -- young and old -- children, teenagers, young adults, middle agers, and senior citizens.

As those being baptized testified before their immersion, I marvelled at how God uses so many different avenues to draw people unto Himself. You never know when you're making a difference for eternity -- even the small things can have a lifechanging impact.

One man said he came to faith through an e-mail from a friend. His friend had no idea of the impact that small communication would have. Incredible!
--------

Earlier this morning, I had the opportunity to preach at the County Fair Church Service. 30 people came to the cow barn for church! We had a great time together -- with the cows punctuating every point with a "MOOOO!"

That's the first time I've ever had a bovine "amen corner."
-----------

Great services today at church. I preached 8:20 and 11:00 (Loretta graciously brought the message at 9:40 so I could preach at the fair.) 714 people attended our three services, with several first time visitors.

The theme for the morning was Isaiah 6 -- and I think a lot of people were really helped spiritually. I had the opportunity to pray with several folks afterwards.

Also, I preached at our baby church in Minong last night. The entire Minong core group was away, attending a big wedding, so we didn't expect anybody to show up. I went there with my guitar -- just in case -- and I'm sure glad I did!

31 people came, including a few delightful first time guests, who said they're going to make us their church family! We had a lot of fun praising the Lord together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession