Cathy Update

Cathy is still in the hospital -- and very ill.

Though I've walked that corridor hundreds of times, today, I felt like a visitor in a strange and forboding land. It feels much different when you're the one in need.

On our 24th wedding aniversary, I am keenly aware of how precious married love is. One must never take such a treasure for granted.

She slept mostly, and I watched, occasionally holding her hand.

The doctor says she needs to go by ambulance to a bigger city. They have done a good job in Hayward, but her condition is beyond their ability.

We're hoping for St. Mary's in Duluth -- but at this point, no rooms are available. Ironic, isn't it? No room at the Inn called St. Mary's? I'm praying for a room.

It looks like Cathy will have some sort of surgery, and will be in the hospital at least a week. It's going to be a long haul.

This is definitely NOT what I had figured today would look like.

Still, she looked kinda cute in her hospital gown!

Comments

  1. Mark:

    Please know that Rosalie and I are praying with you and Cathy and will continue to follow her condition. Know that friends all over are praying and standing beside you both with our love and in our prayers.

    Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're still praying.

    I'll put Cathy and your family on the College Church prayer chain.

    The illness/anniversary combination really does highlight how much your relationship means, doesn't it?

    My husband had a thought-provoking comment when I got my Parkinson's diagnosis. He said, "You know, when most people say 'in sickness and in health' at their wedding, they're thinking common cold or the stomach flu."

    Anyway, like I said, I'll pass the word. I'll let my folks know, and Tim and Doreen, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies