God Has Caller I.D.


Jeremiah 33:3 says "Call to me and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things."

The beautiful thing about calling upon the Lord is that the line's never busy, he's always home, and you never get his answering machine!

God DOES have caller i.d., however -- he knows your number! In fact he knows much more about you that you know about yourself! Yes, he has caller i.d. -- and he's always delighted to take your call.

Prayer is the most important thing a person can do. It is the highest privilege and the greatest human activity. When we're connecting with our loving Creator -- we are then, most alive and real. Prayer is the breath of the soul!

Here are five great prayers. We usually pray the last two first -- but, really, we should pray the first three before we get around to the last two:

1. Forgive Me
2. Fill Me
3. Use Me
4. Help Me
5. Bless Me

W tend to pray "Bless Me" and "Help Me" too quickly -- without considering the level of our commitment. "Good Lord, bless this mess!"

Too often, we pray last. We wreck it and then ask God to rectify it.

God is much more likely to bless us, when we LIVE in His blessing. How can we pray "help me" when we're not willing to say "fill me?" How can we pray "bless me", when we're not willing to say "forgive me?"

There's one more prayer I'd like to add to the list -- I think, perhaps, it's the most important one of all.

The first and final prayer-- "Thank You."

Amen -- (which is not the END of a prayer, but rather it's start! Amen is the trigger that shoots the prayer into eternity, and it lasts forever! Although my daddy passed away 15 years ago, his prayers are still going strong!)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies