Weeds


A couple of days ago, I had a rare Saturday without any pastoral responsibilities.

I spent the whole day doing yard work -- trimming branches, cutting grass, picking blackberries and weeding the garden.

Heavy schedule demands had kept me from the garden over the past several days. I'm amazed at how quickly weeds can grow!

A whole section of the garden was covered with a flowering mossy weed bed. "Where in the world did all that come from?" I puzzled, "Getting all this out of the garden is going to take all day!"

But then, on closer investigation, I found that the widespread nuisance had one root! Pulling one little root took care of entire big problem!

You know, weeds like that spring up in church, too! Problem weeds!

When it seems like there's a negative situation and "people are concerned", often everything goes back to one little root -- one negative, disgrunted person -- one misunderstanding -- one trouble maker.

Deal properly with the root, and the whole problem goes away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies