Cruising with Father Bill


Yesterday, I had a delightful visit with my good friend, Father Bill.

I made a special trip by St. Joe's this morning, hoping to see him -- and the timing was perfect!
We sat down together on the bench in front of his church and had a good long, heart-warming chat.

In many respects I felt like I was talking to my dad -- or my big brother.

Sure, we have a few theological differences -- but our hearts are the same. The bond I have with Father Bill goes deeper than our doctrines. We really do love each other.

About six o'clock one Sunday morning, I was putting some polishing touches on my sermon, when I heard something outside my office window.

Honk! Honk! Honk!

I looked out, and there sat Father Bill in his new convertible PT Cruiser! Eagerly, he motioned for me to come out and have a look.

"Wanna ride?" he beamed.
"You bet!" I exclaimed, and hopped in the shotgun seat.

As the sun rose over the lakes, the Catholic priest and the Wesleyan preacher went cruising through the Sunday morning mist.

Yesterday, I told Father Bill this joke:

"When are you going to loosen up and have a beer?" the priest asked his Southern Baptist pastor friend.

The Baptist replied, "At your wedding reception, of course!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Apostles and Earrings