Staying Home

This week, I've been a "Stay At Home Dad".

It's the first time, in my whole life, that I've taken time off, and not gone on a big trip somewhere. Actually, it's been kind of fun vacationing at home.

The room rental is pretty decent, and we've been getting free meals and flowers!

Still, it hasn't felt too, "vacation-like." Concern takes a physical toll.

Cathy hasn't ventured out of the house yet, but I can see that she's just about ready. Yesterday, she had a great day!

At this point, we're figuring that her first outing will be for church on Sunday morning (probably the 8:20 service.)

I'll still be on vacation -- and so we will do something the normal people get to do -- go to church and be home by 9:30. (I've never done that in Hayward, as I'm always the first one there at 6:00 a.m. and the last one out at 1:30 p.m.)

They're serving communion Sunday, and for the first time, Cathy and I will be able to receive it together. I've always been on the serving end.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:21 AM

    Correction -- Normal people go to Sunday School! So, they don't get home until 10:45!

    We're not going to be THAT normal this Sunday, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't God good to hide little blessings even in the tough days? Glad you're spotting them—it makes the going a little easier!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies