College Visits

Today, I am in St. Paul with my son, Ryan, scouting out colleges. Last night, we went to the Guitar Center, where he tried out two dozen different instruments, and then enjoyed dinner at Chili's.

We plan to go to Bethel in the morning, Northwestern in the afternoon, and back to the Guitar Center for a purchase before we head home.

My vote for his education is Indiana Wesleyan -- but, I realize, that decision is not a democratic process.

Maybe I could apply some exterior motivation. "If you REALLY want that guitar. . ."

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:35 AM

    Mark,

    I know you were teasing but...

    This is the mistake I see hundreds of times a week. Parents want their kids to be what the parents are or wish that they had become.

    We know we are a success as parents when our kids spread their wings, leave the nest, and become the unique individuals we love so much as adults.

    We remember both your older boys at WDW. What two great teenagers then. But, what totally different individuals.

    Enjoy college shopping,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:14 PM

    Yeah -- I was teasing, but thanks for the gentle reminder. I want Ryan to be his own person.

    After visiting the two schools today, I think he's still leaning towards IWU.

    He chipped in a little bit, and we bought a nice Ovation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:55 AM

    An Ovation, sounds nice. Last night we finished up a spiritual renewal week with our congregation with a special student ministries emphasis. On Sunday morning, my guitar decided to get sick. (Something's happened to the electronics. I'm waiting on the estimate.) I really miss that instrument for leading worship with students. Last night I led worship for the students with a keyboard for the first time in several years. It just wasn't the same. I hope Ryan gets many years of enjoyment from that instrument. I know it doesn't count but my vote would be for IWU as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies