I'm not really a party animal. In fact, usually, if I'm invited to a party of some sort or another, I try to find a good reason to graciously decline the invitation. It's not that I don't enjoy people, mind you. In general, they're fantastic. Like Will Rogers said, "I've never met a man I didn't like." I am thankful for all my good friends. Yep, I like people a lot -- but I dislike going to parties. (Although, if I get stuck and actually end up attending one, it usually turns out better than I imagined. In the car, on the way home, I've heard Cathy say more than once, "There now, that wasn't so bad, was it?" I reply with a mumble and grunt, because I know she's right. Still -- I'm not an eager party-goer, and seriously doubt if I will ever become one. Do you know what kind of party is the most common? Birthday? Graduation? Aniversary? You'll never guess! The party held most frequently is. . . The Pity Party! As a minis...
'Effectively blended for all ages and for people from different backgrounds'- this is definitely how individuals must deal with the public in today's world.
ReplyDeleteBeing that I have a strong interest in worship, I would love to see how that looks like. I know that is something that we have been working toward at our church. Mark, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, any chance you could bring a few examples of your orders of worship to FLAME? I would love to see what you are doing in worship. Sounds like God is really working in the Northwoods. Keep up the good work and see you in NC!
ReplyDeleteOur order of worship is simple, really -- usually we sing a few songs, and then I preach. That's about it. We throw in something special quite often, just to keep them on their toes.
ReplyDeleteShe's not speaking kind words about Calvin Seminary. -- Dave
ReplyDelete