New Friends


I was delighted to meet one of my favorite writers, Ruth Tucker, today. She and her husband, John, attended our 11:00 service, and then we lunched at Famous Dave's!

Ruth encouraged me to really get serious about writing a book for small town pastors. I think I'll take her up on it!

Ironically, Ron Carlson and his wife, Marge, also attended church today. Ron travels extensively and speaks about the Christian worldview, and it's challenges. He is also a noted authority on cults.

I found it absolutely astounding that Ron and Ruth both ended up at our 11:00 worship service!

I admit, Hayward's a small town -- but wow -- what a small world!

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:43 PM

    Mark,

    Write the book! A lot of small town pastors need some really good straightforward advice.(Of course, if you do, I would be one of the first to review it.) :) :) I would love to talk to Ron Carlson. Cults are very numerous in our daily world. The leaders of these cults certainly know how to prey upon the weak. Individuals that crave acceptance are so easily led astray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:14 AM

    it's amazing how many interesting people come through our neck of the woods

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession