Life's Poundings

Butch, the 4th grade bully, cornered little Albert and was preparing to beat the stuffing out of him.

Scrawny Albert was not match for burly Butch. He didn't run very fast either. It looked certain that he had met his doom.

Yet, a gleam of confidence sparkled in Albert's eye.

Defiant, head up and shoulders back,he stood on his tip toes and thumped the bully on the chest with his skinny finger.

"I DARE ya to hit me today, Butch! I DARE ya!"

"You stupid litlle runt," Butch growled, "Do you really think you can beat me up?"

"No," grinned Albert, "But my big brother can! He's a Marine. He's home on leave, and he's standing right behind you!"

Relief! Rescued from the pounding!

If you've been on the receiving end of life's poundings, remember this:

"Fear not, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isa. 41:10

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:47 AM

    Hey Mark I like that story. Many times as a kid I was the one who was bullied and I wished I could have had something like that happen for me. I guess the bully never bullied that kid again huh?
    Look up my MYSPACE account under Pastor Wes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies