Looking Good

Cathy's health is improving every day. Yesterday, she was actually able to get out of the house for a few minutes -- to do a couple of things at the church. She was getting stir crazy.

She's been eating, and that's a real blessing. Our next prayer is that she will be able to enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner.

This morning, she left the house early for her quiet time. That shows me she really is feeling quite better!
---

On another note, I made three trips to the hospital yesterday:

1. In the morning, to see a friend who is struggling with a number of significant health issues. I'm concerned for him.

2. In the afternoon, to welcome Benjamin Munich into our world! His proud parents, Charlie and Julie were beaming. He sure is a cute little guy. It was, indeed, an honor, to pray a "blessing" over him on the first day of his life.

3. At midnight, to bid farewell to my old friend, Earl Richards, who took his last breath about a minute before I arrived -- or maybe I should say his first breath of heaven's air.

Comments

  1. Anonymous1:24 PM

    Wow! what a day you had yesterday. But is that not the life of a pastor for sure but the life of a Christian. God lets us experience so much, highs and lows all in the course of 24 hours. For me I see Jesus in you yesterday. You where concerned for the friend (Jesus loved his friends), you blessed the new born babe (Jesus loved to have the children come to him to receive blessings) what an honor.you remind me of Simeon in the temple blessing Jesus and prophesing over him. And then at midnight to bid an old friend farewell. I bet through all this you shed more than one tear for you have a great capacity of love within you. If I can be so bold to suggest: but, what a marvelous time of day to die. His old life represented by all the hours and minutes of that day and the first minute of the new day would be like the first minute of eternity. WOW! old things have passed away and I (Jesus)make all things new. Blessings on you as you minister into people's life. It is true the small things we do in our day count the most. Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:27 AM

    How I pray to have the awesome privilege to minister the way you did that day. In a new position as pastor/director of a growing women's ministry in a rapidly growing "seeker" church, it is my earnest desire to be a shepherd to the lost and broken who are desperate to be loved and to belong and to know someone cares for them in this dark culture where everyone is doing his own thing to the detriment of others. First time ever to post on ablog site. Barb Burrill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:00 PM

    Peggy, thanks for your thoughtful remarks.

    Barb, I am honored to the the recepient of your first ever blog comment! Welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession