Trunk or Treat

Last night, we must have had every kid in town Trick or Treating on our church property.

About 40 of us parked our vehicles on the ball field, and distributed candy out of our trunks. I came loaded with an enormous stash from Tony's Candy -- enough for 500 kids -- and it was just about gone in 20 minutes. We were all running out of goods with more than two hours left to go, and kids streaming in from everywhere.

Fortunately, two or three brave souls made a quick dash to various stores in town, wiping out the entire candy supply, and refortifying the front lines!

I don't believe there have been that many Hayward children at one place and time in history!

It was a tremendous connection with the young families of our community, and many thankful parents expressed their heart felt appreciation for what we did. I'm sure we will see some of them in church over the next few weeks.

I'm glad our children's pastor, Jeremy, saw October 31 as an opportunity to creatively reach out and bless our community, rather than a time to hunker down and hide from the devil.

At our home, trick or treating has never been an issue. We know that God is stronger than the enemy -- and we think of Halloween as "Stomp Satan Day!" We are on the Winning Side!(Besides, it's also Reformation Day! Celebrate!)

When I saw the mountain of candy my kids brought home last evening, I thought this might be a good time to teach them a lesson about tithing! Give Daddy 10%!

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:00 AM

    That was a great event and the best use of our ballfield ever!! I'll bet there will be some pretty stiff competition for the "best trunk" next year! We loved Lori's trunk--and also Smith's fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:44 AM

    Great lesson for me. Audrey and I spent the night hiding in our back bedroom. That will be the last Halloween that Satan makes me hide. Thanks Mark and Jeromie.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw on my friend's blog that LaOtto Wesleyan here in IN did the same thing - - - - - too cool.

    I never heard of it before, wonder where the idea came from?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession