Under the Weather

I'm in bed, under the weather -- trying to feel better.

Clay Cross came to town, and did a concert last night at our church. Today, he and his wife, Renee, are holding a marriage conference, and I'm in bed, under the weather -- trying to feel better.

I'm really disappointed to miss these special events.

Our church planter, Ben Kidder, is scheduled to preach tomorrow, so at least I don't have that hanging over my head right now.

However, I'm scheduled to fly to North Carolina tomorrow afternoon for a week of teaching, and that won't be too much fun if I'm still under the weather.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry your ill, and I do hope you feel better by the time you fly out for your seminars.

    But your post brings up another question to my mind - - - - -

    I wonder where our phrase, "feeling under the weather" comes from. I don't see any obvious connection right off the top of my head, and I do so love to find the history behind these kinds of sayings we all use. Like "mind your P's & Q's" and "It was just a red herring"

    I do know the history of those two, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops - - - - I know better, that was a typo. I'm sorry YOU'RE ill.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies