300 Sara Lee Pies


Yesterday, Chip Chipman called me, "Say Pastor, could you use 300 Sara Lee Dutch Apple pies? My nephew's a truck driver for a company that wants to donate them."

"Sure!" I replied, not quite sure how we would find freezer space for that many pies -- but not wanting to turn down such a fantastic offer.

"O.K.!" Chip replied enthusiastically, "I'll bring 'em to church early tomorrow morning!"
Now, the dilemma -- what to do with 300 apple pies.

"Hey!" I thought, " We could sell them, and put the money in our general fund. After all, we've been trying to figure out ways do improve our financial situation."

Then, the Lord spoke to my heart, "That's NOT what I want you to do with them. They're not General Fund pies! They're Blessing Pies!"
So -- I told everybody at church this morning to take a pie, bake it, and then bless someone with it and invite 'em to our Christmas Eve Services!

It will be interesting to see what happens. I have a hunch somebody's going to meet Jesus through our Sara Lee Dutch Apple Pie Distribution Program.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:13 PM

    Yes Mark, God wanted the pies to be a blessing, not a profit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How often do we take what God has freely given us, in order that we might reach others for Him, and use it for profit? He has given us gifts, talents and abilities and we try to make a living with it, or impress others with all we can do. Could it be that God wants our first concern to be reaching others for the kingdom and letting Him take care of everything else???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies