Apostles and Earrings
I wonder if this belonged to one of the apostles? Simon the Zealot strikes me as the kind of guy who would wear an earring. I recall the time, when I was graduating from seminary, I received an invitation to start a new congregation in a college town. In the letter, they outlined the vision, the demographics of the community, and their expectations for the pastor. The letter ended with a p.s. -- "and of course, your wife will not be permitted to wear earrings." They forgot say anything about ME wearing earrings. For a while, I was tempted to go ahead, take the position, and get my ear pierced.

Did not know that - - - nor will it make me any more a fan of theirs.
ReplyDeleteHehehehehehe
OK - - - I've been puzzling on this quite a bit. I read your link, but it did not tell WHY they used to be called "Methodists" or "Wesleyans" and I can't figure THAT connection. USC is a State School, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteCan you enlighten me???
It started in 1880 as a Methodist University -- believe it or not!
ReplyDeleteWow - - - I did not know that!!!
ReplyDelete