I Don't Wanna Go!!!!

I just finished officiating a wedding, for a beautiful young couple.

It started as a "justice of the peace" kind of wedding, but in the last couple of weeks, morphed into something a bit more elaborate.

Moments before the ceremony was supposed to start, the two year old ring bearer decided he didn't want to go down the aisle.

He ran the opposite direction, with the best man, the maid of honor, and the bride's mother in hot pursuit!

The prelude music was interspersed with his defiant cry, "I DON'T WANNA GO!"

So -- he didn't. Instead, he crawled into the pews and in about two seconds, was sound asleep.

Later, I joked with the groom, "I'm sure glad it was him and not YOU!"

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:04 PM

    that's funny. I had a wedding like that once -- pastor bob

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession