The Canopy Tour



Last Saturday, while visiting Managua, in a rare display of courage, my District Superintendent, Dan Bickel and I, agreed to join adventurist (and Spanish translator) Cindy Terry, on a "canopy tour."

I thought a canopy tour was going to be some kind of hiking path where we could meander along and enjoy the pretty tropical flowers.

To my astonishment, I soon learned that "canopy tour" means something far different than puttering through the pansies.

It is, instead, a three stage zip line from a mountain top, over two canyons and across a huge lake.

I was going to chicken out, but seeing my district superintendent strap on his gear gave me a little motivation. Besides that, I didn't want Cindy Terry to call me a wimp.

So -- I zipped.

It wasn't pretty, and I'll admit that -- but at least I did it.
I must confess, however, that the ride sure seemed a lot more fun after I'd reached the bottom of the mountain.

Comments

  1. The canopy of the rain forest is the very tops of the trees - - - so I guess to tour it, you'd HAVE to be up in the air.

    Cool!!!

    I'm proud of you - - - and of Dan too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Apostles and Earrings