Amazing Grace Sunday

Our church is joining thousands of other congregations around the country this weekend in celebrating Amazing Grace Sunday!

We will lift our voices in singing "Amazing Grace" which happens to be my favorite song, and remember the redeemed slave trader, John Newton.

Interestingly, we did a "favorite song" poll in our bulletin last Sunday.

1st place -- "I Can Only Imagine"
2nd place -- tie "Amazing Grace" and "In Christ Alone"

If you were voting on a favorite church song, what would it be?

Comments

  1. p.s. -- I didn't vote in the poll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:38 PM

    Favorite chorus? Days of Elijah.
    Favorite hymn? Wonderful Name of Jesus.
    Hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not an easy question, because I like a lot of different music. I'm know for saying in the pulpit "This is one of my favorites." If you pressed me, I would probably have to say "And Can It Be?" in the hymn category and in the worship song category, "Agnus Dei."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:58 PM

    Amazing Grace ranks tops in our household. Could it be that it was Grandpa Wilson's favorite? Followed closely by The Old Rugged Cross, my Dad's favorite.

    Sam and I both really enjoy Country Gospel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:00 PM

    Amazing Grace is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession