Birky Lemon Slush


Hayward is the home of the nation's largest cross country ski race, the American Birkebeiner -- also known as the Greatest Show on Snow! Elite skiers have flown in from all over the world. Thousands have gathered from every state to test their mettle in the winter wilderness.


Unfortunately, however, the weather has not cooperated this year. Tomorrow's race has been reduced to the top 250 skiers, and shortened to a mere 23 kilometers (from 51.)


They won't be finishing on Main Street as usual. I guess, I'll just have to put my cow bell away until next winter.


The other 9000 or so skiers are invited to participate in "non-competitive" open track events. Seems rather anti-climactic to me, but I applaud the valiant effort to redeem the world class event, under dire circumstances.


No, it's not exactly the way things were originally planned -- but when life in Hayward throw you lemons, you gotta make lemon slush!!


Comments

  1. Anonymous8:44 PM

    My mom always told us to stay away from the yellow snow.

    Jonathan Wilson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession